The UAE once again makes a headline by introducing the world’s longest zip line which is based in Ras Al Khaimah, one of the seven emirates of the United Arab Emirates.
Adrenaline enthusiasts can now have a breathtaking experience at “Jabel Jais Flight: The World’s Longest Zipline” which is certified by Guinness World Record. Here are some interesting facts about this record-breaking adventure;
- The longest zip line runs through the Jebel Jais Mountain in Ras Al Khaimah.
- The zip line measures 2.83 kilometers long (28 soccer pitches).
- It travels at the speed of 120 to 150 kilometers per hour.
- The incredible zip line is suspended 1680 meters above sea level.
- The zip line accommodates a new group of rider every five minutes.
How does it work?
Once you have reached Jebel Jais, you will be provided a zip-lining kit and safety briefing from the professionals at the welcome gate. You will be guided towards the launching platform which is based at a height of 1680 meters above the sea level. Participants will be secured with a special harness and equipment for the adventure while they will be suspended in a “Superman” style. This will take approximately 2 to 3 minutes.
Once the session is over participants will conclude at a landing platform from where they will be transferred to a second line which takes them back to the ground. There are 2 zip lines where you can experience the thrill along with your family and friends.
Longest zip line in the world – ‘Jebel Jais Flight on UAE’s highest mountain in Ras Al Khaimah
Video Courtesy – Ras Al Khaimah Tourism Development Authority